It is not a flying car or a Replicator – but it is future tech, and it is really cool. Clunky keyboards, are with this on the horizon, part of a very clunky past. And they have been replaced with a laser projected keyboard, that takes up no space, can be set up pretty much anywhere and is of course compatible with your phone – or in fact, compatible with pretty much any bluetooth device.
The laser itself comes in a size, which is a little bit bigger than a matchbox and when projected creates a keyboard that has 63 keys and a full size QWERTY layout. which is pretty impressive and could make email/blogging/etc a bit more convenient (if you want to use your phone) and a lot cooler.
Below are the Product features and specifications for the Cube – Laser Projected Keyboard:
- Projects a full-size laser keyboard onto any flat surface
- Allows the convenience of full-size typing in a tiny form factor
- Connects wirelessly via bluetooth to iPhone, iPad, many Smartphones and most Laptops
- Mouse mode allows you to use your finger as a mouse rather than typing when using with a laptop.
- Rechargeable battery lasts for 150 minutes of continuous typing
- Charges via USB. No drivers to install
- Compatibility: iPhone 3GS/4, iPad (iOS4), Blackberry tablet, Android 2.0 and higher, Windows Phone 7, Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS
- Interface: Bluetooth HID and USB 2.0
- Keyboard Layout: 19mm sized QWERTY layout
- Detection rate: Up to 400 characters per minute
- Operating Surface: Most flat opaque surfaces
- Battery duration: Approximately 150 minutes, 700mAh built-in rechargeable battery
Seriously, how awesome does this product look? I am a sucker for tech and this is no exception.
I think this would be super handy, and I love the design of it. What do you think?